Grandma Carmen and Grandma Perla arguing about whether they are chopping beef for papaitan or pork for pinakbet.
We left the market with one package of beef and one of pork. The grandmas were in such a hurry to start the cooking that they blindly grabbed the packages and started chopping. After the labels were thrown away, they couldn't figure out who was chopping what meat. After about 25 minutes of debate, we later discovered that we must have taken one of someone else's bags, because we actually had two packages of beef and one pork. In the end, both Grandmas were chopping beef, and the pork was still sitting in the fridge, waiting to be chopped.
Grandma Carmen had saved some bile for the papaitan from last year, but my mom convinced her that using the fresh one was in everyone's best interest.
1 comment:
Oh man Elisha-that video had me laughing...actually I was already laughing before I even watched it. For some reason I saw a version of HappySlip doing something like this and including your Mom asking for soda and then your Dad saying "Color Blind" - too funny!
Post a Comment